For activities on the Blackfeet Reservation, each person needs a conservation permit. The cost is $20.00. Blackfeet Nation Fish and Wildlife conservation permits are available through: The Blackfeet Nation Recreation Pass Website
If fishing, one needs both Blackfeet Nation Fish and Wildlife conservation permit and non-resident fishing license. Please call us at 406-450-8420 if you have any questions.
Poor planning and inadequate preparation leads to increased risks and dangers while hiking, horseback riding, rafting, and mountain biking. Being physically prepared is of prime importance. Consider bringing plenty of warm clothing that can be layered. Remember wild game animals live here. Be mindful of extreme changes in temperature and weather conditions. High altitudes and rugged terrain presents its own challenges. Animals including domestic horses and mules, and wild animals can be unpredictable and dangerous to hikers, horseback riders, rafters, or mountain bike riders; all beyond the control of the outfitter.
Please adhere to specific direction from Blackfeet Outfitters. Our outfitter and guides are trained to identify dangerous conditions.
Many of our trips take place in the wilderness backcountry. Our clients should be healthy to partake in physical activity at higher elevations. Clients with specific medical conditions should consult with their physician before booking a trip.
Please inform us of any medical conditions, dietary requests, and/or allergies.
Clients with specific medical conditions should consult with their physician before booking a trip.
Our meals are family style that are easy to prepare and serve. Please inform us of any dietary requests. Blackfeet Outfitters is willing to cater to your needs. Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners are included for specific trips. See tour details for additional information.
Snacks, water, non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
All of our guides, cooks, and wranglers work hard to assist our clients wherever possible. Gratuities are appreciated. Direct tipping is recommended.
While tipping is not required, it is customary if you feel your guides have worked hard to provide you with a great experience.
- Stay together. Do not split up and venture off alone.
- Please be mindful about bringing valuables. We do not have a safe to store your valuables.
- If you are not prepared to follow our rules for safety, we will ask you not to participate in the activity.
- In the backcountry, we do not let our clients venture off alone.
- What is your proficiency at hiking, horseback riding, or mountain biking?
- Am I looking for a wilderness experience or a ranch-type of touring experience?
- How important is it to stay in a nice camp?
- Am I prepared to stay in the wilderness without the creature comforts of home?